Accountability: Elim Fellowship
We firmly believe that the local church’s mission is to impact the community in which God plants it, and that impact is powerful and deeply effects the lives of individuals and families. Embracing this Biblical mandate brings us to we desperately need oversight. Thus, we are affiliated with Elim Fellowship, a “Christ-centered Worldwide Revival Fellowship.” Elim Fellowship was founded in 1933, and began as an informal fellowship of churches, pastors, and missionary endeavors. It is now an international fellowship that partners with ministries and ministers throughout the United States and in nations throughout the world.
Our Tenets of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God. ( 2 Peter 1:21 )
2. We believe the Godhead consists of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Three in One and One in Three ( 2 Cor 13:14 )
3. We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. ( 1 Timothy 3:16 )
4. We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor. ( Acts 1:8 Mark 16:15-18 )
5. We believe salvation is only possible through the redeeming blood of Christ. ( Heb 9:22 )
6. We believe in the keeping power of God. ( Jude 24 )
7. We believe in sanctification and holiness of heart and the overcoming life as scriptural requirements for the bride of Christ. ( Eph 5:25-27 )
8. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 Acts 10:46 and Acts 19:6 , and the present ministry of the Spirit in and through the believer as manifested in the five ministries as they are being restored in end-time revival, the gifts of the Spirit, and the fruit of the Spirit. ( Eph 4:11 1 Cor 12:8-11 Gal 5:22-23 )
9. We believe in Christ’s imminent personal return in power and great glory, in His millennial reign and in His everlasting dominion. ( Acts 1:11 Rev 20:4 Dan 7:14 )
10. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment. ( John 5:28-29 Rev 20:15 )
11. We believe in the universal Church consisting of all those who have been born of the Spirit of God and have, by that same Holy Spirit, been baptized into the body of Christ. ( 1 Peter 1:3 1 Peter 22-25 1 Cor 12:13 )
12. We believe that man is created in the image of God and thus from the moment of conception each member of mankind has intrinsic value and dignity because of his Creator ( Gen 1:26-27 Psalm 139:13-18 Jer 1:4-5 )
Our Constitution and By-Laws
For details on how RCF is organized and governed, the RiverRock Christian Fellowship Constitution and By-Laws is available as a PDF download below.
Discovering RiverRock booklet:
Three times a year, we host our “Discovering RiverRock” forum to allow people to get to know the “nuts and bolts” of RCF and invite them to partner with us and our mission as members. Durring that forum, we provide the booklet, Discovering RiverRock (2014) to help people understand our history, vision, mission, and doctrines.
Much of our history is rooted in the history of Elim Fellowship, so we recomment two books for prospective members, Ivan Spencer’s “Willow in the Wind” (available for download here) and Edith Veach’s “Elim – Living in the Flow” (available from Amazon).